Rocksavage, Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
The Electrical Technician will be responsible for delivering the day to day maintenance requirements in line with the plant maintenance strategy whilst fully supporting the maintenance team on reliability issues plant performance improvements of the power station.
Principal responsibilities are described below:
- Where required deputise for the Electrical Lead Technician
- Actively participating in company/site HSE initiatives, including the HSE forum activities and procedure reviews
- Work proactively with the Electrical Lead Technician to ensure technical and safety competencies are maintained in order to fulfil the role
- Co-ordinating and planning the execution of all daily activities in line with the site maintenance strategy
- Support delivery of priorities to maximize plant availability and reliability whilst carrying out all activities safely
- Co-ordinating resources effectively to input and deliver scheduled, preventative, breakdown, planned maintenance and reliability initiatives through
- Provide supervision of the contract workforce and provide hands on support as required.
- Utilise the MMS to maintain, service, repair, record history and manage spares for all maintenance activities and ensure information is correctly inputted and available for use.
- Maintaining, servicing, repairing and history recording of all plant equipment
- Ensuring the quality control of all work either undertaken directly or supervised in line with InterGen’s Quality Management System
- Ensure compliance with the plant modification procedures including all software modifications
- Supporting others to improve plant reliability shortfalls and augment engineering solutions
- Support the Electrical Lead Technician in co-ordinating the initial stages of a forced outage to ensure the necessary resources and equipment are mobilised
- Supporting the Engineering team with resource as determined by the Electrical Lead Technician to successfully deliver outages, projects and technical RCA investigations
- Ensure all core training in the plants Electrical systems are undertaken as agreed
- Ensure compliance with Company ISIs, SSIs and procedures
- Attend meetings as required and support delivery of the daily activities in line with plant priorities.
- Ensure WOCs/RAMs produced are accurate and have sign off before delivering to the Safety Controller for Safety Document production
- Ensure all allocated Procedures are reviewed, modified and signed off within the periodicity required
- As drawings are used, ensure they are reviewed, marked-up and revised if incomplete/incorrect.
- Contribute positively towards a culture of multi skilling
- Work with procurement to ensure value for money when managing designated contracts, purchasing parts or carrying out projects.
- To be ‘on call’ and fully responsive to all business related contact calls.
- Ensure out of hours support is available as and when required.
- Available to change working patterns were necessary in order to meet the needs of the business
- Supporting other areas of the business as needs arise
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- A minimum of five years Power Plant O&M experience would be desirable but experience within heavy industry and/or technical production environments would be considered.
- Knowledge of CCGT power plant operations and maintenance associated with gas/ steam turbines, permit for work systems, reading of technical drawings, computers, computer applications and computer aided Maintenance Management applications.
- Experience with electrical distribution systems and networks including HV & LV generation
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Good interpersonal, communication and motivational skills with a flexible, enthusiastic and committed attitude to work.
- Solution driven with a positive approach who works well in a small team environment
- A team player
- Educated to HND / HNC level
To apply, please send résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org