Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
To carry out fundamental analysis of the UK and European power, gas and carbon markets to support trading decisions and strategies for the within day, prompt and forward trading desks. To contribute to growing the analysis capability within Trading and Commercial with a specific focus on coding and development using multiple languages and software packages. To undertake projects to help the growth and development of the trading desks into new products and markets. To work with the Business Intelligence team in development of KPIs and metrics to help the Trading team identify value add activities and manage performance. To be a key team member in building a high performing analysis group that supports the wider Trading and Commercial function.
Principal responsibilities are described below:
- Fundamental analysis and modelling to support the InterGen trading desks.
- Coding and development to support Data Scientist and other technical analysis work.
- Development of trading KPIs, metrics and reports in conjunction with BI team.
- Process improvements across Trading and Commercial function.
- Undertake project work to support the development of the Trading and Commercial function
Skills / Competencies
Key characteristics of the successful candidate will include:
- Analytical approach with aptitude for managing large data sets
- Ability to present and summarise analytical findings clearly with actionable recommendations
- Strong coding and development skills (Python, R, VBA, SQL, etc)
- Experience of data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Jupyter
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a highly flexible approach to work
- Original and inventive with strong attention to detail
- Enjoys being a problem solver
- Educated to at least degree level in a STEM subject
- Energy Industry/Market experience preferred
- Building proprietary models
- Ad hoc
To apply, please send résumés to email@example.com