Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
To drive the analytical strategy for InterGen’s Trading & Commercial function and lead and motivate a talented team to embed advanced analytics. The role will lead a team to deliver fundamental energy market analysis as well as developing our data science and machine learning capabilities.
Principal responsibilities are described below:
- Lead modelling and fundamental analysis of the UK and European power, gas and carbon markets to drive improved asset optimisation and trading performance.
- Development of and embed our data science and machine learning capability to support trading decisions and asset optimisation.
- Work alongside InterGen’s IT team to deliver and embed a technology and data infrastructure to support advanced analytics.
- Development of advanced reporting and data visualisation to report value and identify potential opportunities.
- Responsible for development of our trading systems (ETRM) to support performance reporting and risk management reporting.
- Drive strategy for use of BI tools
People and Knowledge Management
- Management of team including BI Manager, Market Analysts, Data Scientist and Graduate Analysts.
- Strong leadership skills including collaborative people management, coaching, mentoring and direction setting
- Build a motivated team that supports the growth and delivery of high performance from our Trading and Commercial function.
- Responsible for communicating and expanding the knowledge of analytical/modelling techniques and the value of data within InterGen
Key characteristics of the successful candidate will include:
- A highly confident individual, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Innovative and an ability to deliver new ideas/concepts.
- Able to present complex ideas verbally and in writing. Well organised and disciplined with track record in delivering projects.
- Strong analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management to balance long term initiatives with ad-hoc and routine tasks.
- A self-starter with a desire to learn quickly and thrive in a high performance environment.
- Ability to persuade and influence across teams.
- Ability to delegate effectively and upwardly manage.
- Educated to at least degree level, preferably in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related discipline, or hold equivalent industry experience
- A strong understanding of the UK/European wholesale electricity, gas and carbon markets is essential
- Demonstrable experience of building analytical capability in a commodity trading environment
- Strong understanding of required data and technology platform to support advanced analytics, data science and machine learning.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python is preferred.
- Experience of BI analytical/visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc is preferred.
- Proven project manager with track record in delivering results.
- Proven people manager.
- Occasional travel as required
To apply, please send résumés to email@example.com