Coryton, Stanford-le-Hope, England, United Kingdom
The role of the HSSE Advisor is to ensure the plant achieves and maintains compliance with InterGen’s HSDE Policy and procedure, HSSE management systems, site rules and procedures, and with country specific legislation, and specified international HSSE standards.
To act as site champion for “Safety at Heart” and InterGen’s Values.
To act as site champion for the identification, evaluation, and management of HSSE hazards and risks.
To promote and maintain a safety culture committed towards continuous improvement.
Principal responsibilities are described below:
- Work to ensure Plant complies with InterGen’s HSSE Policy and Procedures, HSSE management systems, site rules and procedures.
- Ensure a system is in place to identify legislative changes, support the update of company policies and procedures and ensure a system is in place to communicate changes to employees.
- Provide HSSE guidance and general HSSE awareness to the Plant team, and support the development of an HSSE plant strategy.
- With support of the Plant Management team be the focal point for, and communicate effectively with, all legislative bodies including local authorities, the Environment Agency and the Health and Safety Executive.
- Ensure all HSSE routines and reporting are complete and forwarded to the relevant authorities within the designated timescales
- Liaise with the UKNL HSSE Regional Manager, to ensure that the company and Plant HSSE KPIs are achieved and the Plant remains compliant.
- Work with the plant management team and Regional HSSE Manager to ensure that all employees maintain their highest level of HSSE competence and authorization, through education and training.
- Responsible for supporting the plant management team in ensuring that appropriate HSSE training is provided to persons working and visiting the site.
- Collate, collect and analyse incident and near miss reports and records; prepare reports and communicate findings. Specifically enter data into BIT’s (Incident reporting tool) and JDE Work Order and Action Tracking systems.
- Undertake and support incident investigations and RCA investigations on site and Regionally, share the lessons learned and ensure procedures are updated.
- Monitor and provide reports on key metrics such as safety statistics and environmental performance; and identify any continuous improvement opportunities.
Skills / Competencies
- Key characteristics of the successful candidate will include:
- Self-motivated, flexible and committed attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Influencing, decision making, facilitating, and listening skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to develop and present accurate HSSE information and material to stakeholder, regulators and employees
- Detail oriented, self- disciplined
- Computer skills (administration / document control / presentations),
- Meet company and regulatory reporting deadlines
Knowledge / Experience
- Knowledge of HSSE within a management function or power generation operations and maintenance or similar complex and high hazard operations such as oil and gas or petrochemical industries.
- Knowledge of the relevant ISO standards and integrated management systems, including methods of continuous improvement. e.g. internal auditing
- Knowledge, qualifications or experience for health & safety aspects (ideally NEBOSH)
- Root Cause Analysis Tools
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- NEBOSH GC in Health and Safety Management - desirable
- Infrequent, but may be required from time to time (mostly within UK) to gain appreciation of the power plants in the portfolio.
To apply, please send résumés to email@example.com