Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
InterGen is an Independent Power Producer delivering UK operating capacity of 2.7GW. The UK Development team focuses on the development of brownfield/greenfield energy projects in the UK and potential acquisitions in UK. We are looking for a commercially minded manager to help fuel company growth initiatives.
The ideal candidate will: have industry experience and/or hold a professional qualification; be financially literate; be a first rate project manager; be a natural problem solver; be able to work flexibly (for example, M&A projects often require working to tight deadlines at short notice and hence flexible work hours); have the capability to evaluate brownfield/greenfield and M&A opportunities; work with different work disciplines (internal and external advisers)/internal departments as a matter of course and be able to challenge their professional views / not merely accept them; and have first rate negotiation and communication skills (for example, able to communicate concepts clearly to shareholders).
The successful candidate will work on our UK projects that include energy storage, electrical grid services and gas generation. Such projects will be a mixture of development projects and M&A.
Head of Growth & Strategy
As the Manager Growth & Strategy in the development team, responsibilities include:
- Support the identification and development of brownfield/greenfield and acquisition investment opportunities in the energy sector.
- Participate in the project development/acquisition process by the provision of project management activities and/or supporting the day to day management of the opportunity including: contract negotiations, evaluating commercial options, preparing and delivering presentations to InterGen management and external partners, oversight of financial analysis, managing project budgets and schedules, submitting funding requests to InterGen shareholders, participating in due diligence activities, and other work streams.
- Develop solutions for problems / issues on projects where feasible.
- Monitor and implement post-acquisition or construction integration plans and define appropriate scope and objectives for same.
- Ensure, with the support of the development team, the project valuation models reflect the brownfield/greenfield and M&A opportunities risk and rewards appropriately.
- Support / engage in contract negotiations with external partners.
- Oversight of the financial analysis of specific development and acquisition opportunities.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Team management skills.
- Advanced negotiating skills.
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Contract management.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Financial modelling and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Skills / Experience
- Degree educated ideally with post degree professional qualification or alternative further qualification (such as Chartered Accountant, MBA and/or other finance qualification)
- Prior experience working for a multi-national company, with a preference for at least five years power industry experience.
- Recent project management experience.
- Strong quantitative background with experience in financial analysis.
- Legal and contract management experience.
- Understanding of corporate finance, both debt and equity, is preferred (but not required).
- Experience preparing and implementing business cases and / or business/project strategy.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and solve problems.
Occasional travel, as required normally within the UK.
To apply, please send résumés to email@example.com