Rocksavage Power Station, Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
This position is responsible for perform all types of maintenance on Mechanical systems and field equipment in accordance with OEM requirements and prudent industry practice and assists the shift team in key operational activities which are necessary to enable full cycling of the plant.
Principal responsibilities are described below:
- Responsible Implementing company health, safety and environmental management policies.
- Carrying out responsibilities as defined in the companies Safety rules, SSI’s and associated procedures.
- Participating in company/site HSE initiatives including the HSE forum activities.
- Performs all types of maintenance on Mechanical systems and field equipment in accordance with OEM requirements and prudent industry practice.
- Contractor supervision including setting to work and contract management
- Producing detailed plant and equipment history records.
- Fully utilising software interfaces for maintenance management, safety systems, investigation and performance tools, document control and procedure revision systems.
- Inspecting rotating equipment using precision measuring devices, properly rigging and lifting heavy components utilising overhead and mobile cranes. Operating forklift trucks and other site vehicles.
- Analysis of drawings, technical reports, technical manuals and vendor information to collate and produce maintenance and routine work instructions, method statements and risk assessments.
- Participating in projects and initiatives as delegated by the Production Lead and /or Production Manager
- Assisting in writing and developing tender specifications for maintenance contracts.
- Ensuring the Quality control of all work either undertaken directly or supervised in line with InterGen’s Quality Management System
- Ensuring value for money when managing designated contracts and projects.
- Assisting the development of and ensuring Production budgets are controlled in line with business plan requirements.
- Assisting with day-day planning, outage planning, co-ordination and management of contract support organisations.
- Undertaking training and competency based learning programs to establish competency and carry out key Operational tasks as required
- Undertaking secondments were necessary to Shift Production to ensure operational competence is maintained
- Carrying out pre start checks, to ensure that plant is in the correct state for return to service following maintenance
- Enact the duties of Accepter, Issuer and Appointed person under the Safety Rules
- To be ‘on call’ and fully responsive to all business related contact calls.
- Ensuring out of hours support is available as and when required, particularly in dynamic conditions such as unit start-up or trip.
- Available to change working patterns were necessary in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Supporting other areas of the business as needs arise.
Skills / Competencies
The individual will need to be a self-motivated individual with exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills. The individual must be suited to a culture which is entrepreneurial, fast paced, value-driven, and with very high corporate performance and ethical standards. The individual will need to be very comfortable working in a lean structure, should be highly customer focused, possess strong ethical and moral standards and be willing to assume significant personal accountability.
- General wide knowledge of all aspects of Mechanical Maintenance and repair of associated equipment.
- Understanding of power generation process, permit for work systems, reading of technical drawings, computers, computer applications and computer aided Maintenance Management applications.
- The ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility during dynamic situations.
- Able to demonstrate a “can do” attitude and offer alternative solutions. Confidence to challenge decisions / solutions offered in a professional manner.
- Potential for promotion, within the Company
- Affable and flexible personality.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent work ethic and detail oriented.
- HNC or above in Mechanical Engineering is preferred but qualifications below this may be acceptable if accompanied by suitable experience o
- 5 year’s experience in power generation, chemical process or allied industries would be an advantage.
To apply, please send résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org