Regulatory Compliance Manager
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
We’re looking for our newest member of our growing Legal and Risk Management Team to provide compliance oversight to our forward trading and power station dispatch activities. Our next Regulatory Compliance Manager should be familiar with the trading and dispatch compliance risks which exist in a UK power generation business.
The Legal team forms an integral part of InterGen and how we operate. We are a supportive team of high performers who are driven by shared goals and a desire to succeed.
You will work closely with the Chief Legal Officer and with members of the Legal, Risk, Operations and Engineering and Trading and Commercial teams. But we don’t stop there. The nature of this role ensures you will also have the opportunity to interact with colleagues across all functional areas and at all levels in the organisation.
Our Edinburgh office is a friendly and exciting environment enhanced with regular company-funded social events and seasonal gatherings, or time spent raising funds for our chosen charities.
Summary of Responsibilities
· The oversight of forward trading/prompt and within day/dispatch regulatory compliance at InterGen
· Leading InterGen’s regulatory compliance capability
· Administration of governance policy framework across the organisation, and maintenance and training in relation to Legal and Risk Management policies and procedures
· Supporting the business in analysing and assessing regulatory risk
As a regulatory expert, you will bring the capability of analysing regulations and relevant data, to identify issues, with a strong attention to detail. You will have no issue working alone and being effectively able to prioritise your own workload. We’re looking for someone who has strong communication skills who has proven ability to influence others. You are able to positively engage/build relationships with the relevant internal and external stakeholders, including when delivering challenging messages.
Ideally, you will be well experienced in communicating with regulatory authorities (e.g. Ofgem and FCA) and have a good understanding of GB power, gas and carbon markets. You have previous experience in maintaining a governance framework, including policies, processes and training, as well as developing and/or delivering regulatory compliance training.
Bonus points if you have previously worked for an owner of generation assets!
· Degree level, or equivalent experience in economics, regulation or compliance
· At least 3-5 years compliance experience, ideally within energy markets – this could be satisfied by appropriate trading experience
· Sound understanding of relevant market codes and regulation including the Grid Code, REMIT, MAR, EMIR, MiFID II, the TCLC and IOLC
· A deep knowledge of GB physical power within–day/despatch (EMC) and forward markets, and the related regulatory environments
· Experience working/collaborating with industry working groups (existing network in this respect a plus)
· Experience in delivering energy and financial market compliance reporting and disclosures
What’s in it for you?
· 35 days holiday (includes bank holidays)
· Discretionary bonus scheme
· Life Assurance
· Income Protection
· Pension Scheme
· Private Medical Insurance
· Health & Wellbeing Programs
· Company Sick Pay Scheme
· Eyecare Vouchers
· Savings Platform
· Maternity / Paternity benefits
· Educational Assistance Programmes
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options, where possible. Whether you’re working from our Edinburgh office, remote location or at one of our Power Stations, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and teamwork are championed.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, and you will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes and help shape our culture.
We provide a wide array of compensation, benefits and well-being programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees. We are open to candidates wanting to work part-time or full-time, on a permanent or fixed term contract basis. We believe in each person’s potential and we’ll help you with yours by offering the development resources you need to advance your career.
With the strength of our company and reputation behind you, a culture of high-performance that motivates you and the freedom to drive your career your way, our shared purpose and values will inspire you to make an impact in an organisation whose vision is working towards a world with stable and dependable energy for generations.
To apply, please fill in the application form here.