Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
The Prompt Trader role within InterGen’s Trading Team is a key commercial position responsible for developing and executing trading strategies to deliver value for InterGen’s existing 2,800MW generation portfolio. The individual works closely with the Forward & Intraday desks as well as Trading Analysts and a Data Scientist. It will be your responsibility to continue the development of the desk to achieve KPI’s. You will increase the value achieved by the company in the wholesale markets and the Balancing Mechanism. You are encouraged to be active in the market and directing the development of executable analysis tools. You should demonstrate a strong trading discipline and effective risk management. You are required to ensure that trade execution is carried out within risk mandates and all relevant regulations.
Principal responsibilities are described below:
- Trade GB power, NBP gas and carbon products using all available routes to market.
- Develop and execute trading strategies to optimise InterGen’s assets. Pursuit of value from data and use of analytics to improve these strategies
- Achieve P&L from Prompt Desk while working within the company risk mandate and all relevant regulations.
- Helping reimagine InterGen’s trading processes and data models working closely with the Trading Analyst and Data Scientist to build models that identify new trading strategies and realise value.
- Help InterGen achieve increased diversity of earnings via origination and structured trading.
- Provide cover and support for Forward desk by executing trades across the curve timeframe.
Skills / Competencies
- Strong grasp of GB energy market and its fundamental drivers
- Proven capability to add value through short-term trading strategies.
- Physical asset trading/dispatch experience strongly preferred.
- Strong numerical skills essential.
- Must fit in to InterGen’s entrepreneurial culture with a desire to continuously learn and develop and challenge the status quo
- Proactive and not afraid of responsibility
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge with your colleagues
- Must be a person of high integrity that has a strong understanding of the regulatory framework and compliance regulations
- Drive advancement in trading strategies, with a proven track record in continuous improvement Open minded team player with a positive mindset, willing to provide and receive challenge
- Knowledge of thermal asset optimisation models is beneficial
- Educated to at least degree level in a numerical/quantitative STEM subject or Economics
- Twelve months’ minimum experience in the GB energy market
To apply, please send résumés to email@example.com