Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
To Manage regulatory compliance within the UK region and support the administration of company policy framework.
The scope of the role comprises:
- The oversight of forward trading and prompt and within day/dispatch regulatory compliance at InterGen
- Leading InterGen’s regulatory compliance capability
- Administration of governance policy framework across the organisation, and maintenance and training in relation to Legal and Risk Management policies and procedures
- Supporting the business in analysing and assessing regulatory risk.
Specific areas of responsibilities include:
- Dealing with external inquiries from regulatory authorities (Ofgem, FCA), market platforms (e.g. EPEX, Nordpool), and others (National Grid ESO), escalating where required
- Designing and conducting compliance monitoring and audits, and making recommendations based on outcomes
- Responding to requests for advice from others, including the trading and operations teams, on regulatory compliance matters – offering solutions whilst managing risk
- Maintaining relevant regulatory compliance policies and procedures
- Managing, procuring and delivering regulatory compliance training and certification for market facing and other personnel
- Proposing and championing internal change programmes to ensure InterGen remains in-line with regulatory developments and agreed compliance strategy
- Advising on compliance ‘best-practice’ to support other functional areas
- Representing InterGen at Energy UK and/or other industry organisations
- Project managing compliance initiatives, working with cross-functional teams
- Reporting on compliance and governance matters to senior management and supervisory board
- Administering the company-wide policy framework
- Chairing InterGen’s Governance and Compliance Committee and maintaining minutes and agenda
The Regulatory Compliance Manager is expected to maintain a thorough understanding of InterGen’s business in the UK, its corporate structure and governance. They should be familiar with the commercial and compliance risks which exist in the business and external market, and our approach to managing them. As part of the Legal and Risk Management Function, their responsibilities include ensuring that the General Counsel is kept aware of material issues on a timely basis and is comfortable with the path taken.
Skills / Competencies
- Strong attention to detail, capable of analysing regulation and relevant data and identifying issues
- Ability to work alone and to effectively prioritise workloads
- Strong communication, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence others
- Ability to positively engage/build relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders, including when delivering challenging messages.
- A deep knowledge of GB physical power within–day/despatch (EMC) and forward markets, and the related regulatory environments
- At least 3-5 years compliance experience, ideally within energy markets – this could be satisfied by appropriate trading experience
- Degree level, or equivalent experience in economics, regulation or compliance
- A good understanding of GB power, gas and carbon markets
- Sound understanding of relevant market codes and regulation including the Grid Code, REMIT, MAR, EMIR, MiFID II and the TCLC
- Experience in maintaining a governance framework, including policies, procedures and training
- Experience communicating with the regulatory authorities (e.g. Ofgem and FCA) and responding to inquiries
- Proven ability to communicate regulatory issues to a range of internal stakeholders, including senior management
- Experience working/collaborating with industry working groups (existing network in this respect a plus)
- Ability to develop and/or deliver regulatory compliance training
- Experience in delivering energy and financial market compliance reporting and disclosures
- [Preferred] Worked previously for an owner of generation assets
Ability and willingness to travel as required.
To apply, please send résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org