InterGen are seeking a commercially minded manager to join our trading team. The Shift Trading Manager is responsible for a team of shift traders, dispatching and trading 2.8GW of flexible assets in the GB intraday market.
This role requires clarity in communication, an ability to create and maintain an environment where an entrepreneurial team can flourish, and a drive to meet and exceed business performance targets.
This role will be based in the Edinburgh office, rather than remotely.
Principal responsibilities are described below:
· Maximising Gross Margin from intraday operations and trading
· Daily interface with Plant Production Managers at all asset sites
· Working with our Finance team to ensure accurate performance reporting
· Business owner for trading and dispatch systems to both maintain existing and implement new systems, change requests and market modifications
· Ownership of all internal procedures for Commercial Operations.
· Enhancing value through data derived quantitative strategies
· Ensure compliance with Grid Code, CUSC and BSC in operating the Shift trading desk
· Continuous feedback on the performance of team members
· Participate in succession planning, talent retention and performance monitoring of direct reports
Who are we looking for?
You will be commercially minded…driven to find better performance.
You will eager… become part of a motivated team, always looking to do things better.
You will be assured…being accurate, concise and clear in your communications.
You will be enthusiastic… to explore new opportunities and to always be learning.
You will have integrity … this is one of InterGen’s values and the Shift Trading Manager must be open, transparent and accountable.
You will be curious… working within a small organisation like InterGen means exposure to a wide variety of business areas, really getting a sense of how it all works.
We are looking for talented individuals educated to degree level, or hold equivalent industry experience.
You should be comfortable in taking the lead. A proven track record in managing a team is one thing, having leadership qualities in abundance is the key.
Intimate, practical knowledge of the GB energy market is a must
Ad-hoc need to travel. Shift Trading Manager will attend industry events and also have networking opportunities.
To apply, please fill in the application form here.