Rocksavage, Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
Working a 12hr shift pattern days & nights.
To operate the power station in a safe and efficient manner and perform routine testing, monitoring activities and maintenance in accordance with the OEM requirements and industry best practice, to ensure plant reliability and availability is maximised.
Principal responsibilities are described below:
- Adherence to the company’s health, safety and environmental management policies and procedures,
- Participate in company/site HSE initiatives including the HSE Forum activities,
- Performing emergency response duties whilst supporting the Shift Team Leader and management teams,
- Undertake and complete training to enact the duties of Acceptor, Issuer and Appointed Person roles (including HV switching) under the InterGen Safety Rules.
- Achievement of full Safety Controller authorisation and upgrading to Shift Team Leader is a requirement of this position.
- Undertake and maintain training to become authorised to enter the 400kV switchyard and additionally authorised for switching and applying isolations
- Operation and supervision of the power generation process from a central control room including carrying out both internal and external plant operations & checks and predictive & preventive monitoring tasks,
- Carrying out pre-start checks and operational processes to ensure that the plant is fully prepared for return to service following maintenance, outage or other shutdown period,
- Carrying out routine on-load and off-load testing of plant and apparatus for the purpose of ensuring that safety critical protective systems and stand-by systems are fully functional,
- Support all continual improvement and operational excellence programmes
- Full participation in all availability and reliability programmes whilst taking ownership of individual actions to drive effective resolutions,
- Use of Maintenance Management System for quality defect reporting and to complete and record operational, maintenance and HSE tasks to ensure ongoing compliance,
- Responding to first line and breakdown maintenance requirements as far as qualifications, skills and experience permits – assisting maintenance / engineering teams as required,
- Participating in projects and initiatives as delegated, whilst ensuring strict compliance with Management of Change procedures,
- Reviewing, writing and amending procedures. Updating site drawings and labelling. Implementing changes and improvements as required, to ensure all procedures, drawings and labels are accurate,
- Carrying out analysis of water / steam cycle and environmental chemistry whilst implementing corrective actions,
- Shift logging, handovers and site team communications to be completed to the highest standards,
- Undertake training to act in the capacity of First Aider and FLT operator, and competency based learning programmes to establish and maintain proficiency in all aspects of the role,
- Secondments as required to assist other InterGen locations
- Flexibility to change working patterns or provide additional cover where necessary and to support other areas of the business as needs arise.
Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge & experience of heavy industrial power generation plant equipment, systems and processes including gas and steam turbines, high pressure boilers, balance of plant systems and distributed control systems (DCS)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and computer skills.
- Self-motivated and committed attitude to work, with high standards and a conscientious and meticulous attention to detail,
- A team player with a positive attitude who strives to perform at their very best and encourages others to achieve theirs
Education / Knowledge / Experience
- Equivalent of HND in an industry-relevant discipline with a high level of suitable knowledge & experience (qualifications below this may be acceptable if evidenced by suitable experience)
- Safety related qualifications, eg. IOSH or NEBOSH certificate
- Understanding of industry Safety Rules
- At least 3 years within the power generation or related heavy industry
To apply, please send résumés to [email protected]